Wall Lizards: A Follow up to my Last Post

After yesterdays blog post on lizards I did some research. It seems that the green lizard I saw was indeed not a sand lizard. It is not even a native species in britain. It is an introduced species called a wall lizard (Podarcis muralis). It turns out dorset is a good place to see them and the beached area and chine we went to is on of the main sites for them. There are currently around 20,400 individuals in 46 sites around the uk. THis is a new species for me in the U.K which does not happen too often.


A distribution map can be seen here (link)

Also this post was written 20:12 hrs GMT on 1/4/12. I am trying an option to see how the "scheduling post" works .

Comments

  1. Hi,
    I have been searching for this information and finally found it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment