A Penguin in Cornwall?

Last weekend while going to see my brother (http://westbelieving.blogspot.com/) compete in the red bull surf event I heard something funny. The beach was a national trust beach and as such it had a sightings board outside a small national trust building (a shed really). I was reading the sightings out aloud to my aunty. Following is the dialogue that occurred:

"Here is what the board says has been seen" I told my aunty
"Gannet, razorbill, grey seal, peregrine..." At this point we were interrupted by a lady in the hut.
"Did you say you had just spotted a penguin?" She asked very seriously.

My aunty and I both looked at each other and held back the laughter. Some people just don't have a clue.


Just incase anyone else is wondering here is a peregrine and a penguin. They may sound the same but a penguin is most definitely not found in Cornwall.

A Peregrine Falcon

A Penguin (well a few Penguin)

Comments